February 23, 2013

Dramatic Play

Dramatic Play is one of my favorite things about preschool. I can still remember being 5 years old and wanting to spend every moment of my school day in the 'home play' area dressing up, cooking, and using the phone. At Meadowlark there are numerous opportunities for creative and imaginative play even outside of the dramatic play area.
 
~Talking on the phone~

 ~Learning how to balance in heels like mom~
 ~Cowboys camping out and Super Heroes~
 ~Health Clinic~

 ~The Doctors are In~


 ~Cowboy riding his horse~
 ~Rescuing the Ladybug (puzzle)~
 ~Pirates building their ship~
I love watching students that have gotten so into their role that even after cleaning up, they join circle time still in full costume without a thought. It is my hope that the experiences and joy from this type of dramatic play in preschool stays with them long into their adult years.

No comments:

Post a Comment